We’re always looking for excellent people to join Ruby Rock.
Ruby Rock Group is seeking experienced Class One Truck Drivers for our 2023 season. We pride ourselves on having a well maintained newer high-end fleet of trucks and equipment. We are looking for individuals who share those same values. You must have specific experience driving Truck & Pup, End Dumps, Wagons, Live Bottom Trailers (Heavy Equipment hauling experience considered an asset).
- Possess a valid class 1 driver’s license and have a clean driver’s abstract.
- Possess gravel and/or asphalt truck driving experience.
- Possess a valid airbrakes certificate.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Flexible to work some weekends.
- Knowledge of construction hauling of asphalt or gravel.
- Practice and encourage safe work behaviours.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public, supervisors and coworkers.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the management team and support other departments.
- Adhere to processes and policies in support of organizational goals, legal duties and legislative requirements
- Perform pre and post truck inspections on truck and trailer
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and perform minor truck maintenance
- Adhere to driver safe operating procedures and road laws
- Interact and communicate with asphalt plants, Gravel pits, job foremen’s and other subcontractors
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide a safe and clean working environment for all workers on site
- Follow rules, safe work practices and procedures
- Perform job duties in a manner that will not created a hazard to yours or the health and safety of other employees
- Identify and report workplace hazards, accidents and incidents in a timely manner and help to control and eliminate these from occurring in the future
- Wear required PPE including but not limited to hard hats, gloves, reflective vests, hearing and eye protection and protective footwear
- Competitive wage based on skill and experience
- Full benefits
- Commitment to safety
- Overtime Pay
Job Type: Seasonal
Salary: $26.00-$32.00 per hour
Benefits: Dental care, Disability insurance, Extended health care, Life insurance, Vision care
Schedule: 8 hour shift, 10 hour shift, 12 hour shift
Supplemental pay types: Overtime pay
Options for starting base of operations Include Airdrie and Didsbury
It is the policy of Ruby Rock Asphalt Works to be an equal opportunity employer and to hire individuals solely on the basis of their qualification and ability to do the job to be filled. At Ruby Rock Asphalt Works, we work hard to ensure that our employees have the environment, tools and training they need to do their work safely and effectively. We work to build a culture across all of our operations that values diversity, is fair and inclusive, and provides opportunity for career fulfillment.